Sunday 23 May 2021

If someone found a picture of Corbyn reading one of Judith Kerr's Mog books...

 I wonder if someone found a picture of Jeremy Corbyn reading one of Judith Kerr's Mog books what they might have done to it...(the late Judith Kerr came from a Jewish family who fled Berlin and wrote many lovely children's books including some about a cat called Mog). Maybe someone who is sure that Corbyn is antisemitic could create a photomontage image by putting the title of 'Mein Kampf' over a Mog book and writing a text that parodied the text of eg Judith's book, 'Mog the Forgetful Cat' ...

Then when someone from Judith's family objected, loads of people who think Jeremy Corbyn is antisemitic could defend the photoshopped image.
(For anyone wondering what this refers to: it's the story of a photoshopped image of Jeremy Corbyn reading 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt'. The image shows the page of 'Bear Hunt' with the title of 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion' on it. 'The Protocols' is a notoriously antisemitic (and fraudulent) text which fed into Nazi propaganda. The photoshopped image is accompanied by a parody of the text of 'Bear Hunt'. I resent the linking of me to the 'Protocols'. I've asked for the perpetrator to apologise to me. That's all. Nothing more. So far, no reply. But some people who think Jeremy Corbyn is antisemitic have spent many hours on twitter defending the photoshopped image and telling me that because the overall picture of Corbyn reading the book to children is 'satire' then that's what the picture is 'about' and so I am wrong for thinking that 'my' part of the image is anything I should object to. Another reason why I am wrong to object is that the perpetrator is a Director of Labour Against Antisemitism. Apparently this is a get-out card for doing anything that could be construed as being antisemitic, though one of the Directors of Labour Against Antisemitism tweeted at the BBC to demand that I be taken off air because I am, he said, a 'racist ****er' (his asterisks) and another Director tweeted that he 'booed' me in the street but if his wife hadn't been there he didn't know what he might have done. All OK there, then. )