Saturday 20 April 2024

My books for children that reflect Jewish history, Jewish folklore or my Jewish background

The Golem of Old Prague (first published by Andre Deutsch) then published by Five Leaves Books) illustrated first by Val Biro, then by Baruch ben Yitshak

The Missing, the true story of my family in World War Two (Walker books) 

On the Move, poems of migration, illustrated by Quentin Blake (Walker Books) 

Please Write Soon. an unforgettable story of what happened to two cousins in World War 2, illustrated by Michael Foreman (Scholastic) 

Barking for Bagels (illustrated by Tony Ross) (Andersen Press)


Books for children that include poems that talk about my Jewish background:

Out of this World, illusrated by Ed Vere (HarperCollins) to be published August 2024

Quick Let's Get Out of Here (illustrated by Quentin Blake) (Puffin) 

You Wait Till I'm Older Than You (Puffin) 

Jelly Boots, Smelly Boots, illustrated by David Tazzyman, (Bloomsbury) 

Michael Rosen's Big Book of Bad Things (Puffin) 


Video of my telling the story of what happened to my relatives in World War 2, based on the books 'The Missing' and 'On the Move'. 

Just copy and paste the link below into your browser: 

Teachers, why not use the video with the books? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iR_GiyIJ6k&t=19s