Saturday 11 October 2014

New Poem: Dog



When I was a kid, we had a dog that

could wee bubbles. You didn’t have to

feed it anything special - not soapy water

or anything like that. What would happen

is that he just got into a certain kind of

mood and you’d see him wandering about

for a bit, he’d walk round in a circle and

then he would stand very still for a bit

and the bubbles would come out. You

could never tell when he would decide

to do it and you couldn’t make him do it.

It was just when he felt like it. I told my

friends that he could do it but they didn’t

believe me. Then they would come

over and I would say, ‘Jack, wee bubbles!’

but he never would. And even if one of them

came over for sleepovers, he wouldn’t do it.

So none of them believed me when I said

that he did.