Wednesday 20 March 2024

My books about reading, poetry and writing (all mostly in a educational contexts)

 'What is a Bong Tree? Articles and talks 1976-2021' (edited by John Richmond)

'Write to Feel Right' in the Big Cat series, published by HarperCollins Educational 

'What is Poetry? The essential guide to reading and writing poems' (Walker Books) 

'Poetry and Stories for Primary and Lower Secondary Schools' (self-published, available through my website)

'Good Ideas, how to be your child's (and your own) best teacher' (published by John Murray)

'Michael Rosen's Book of Play' (published by Wellcome Books) 

'Reading for Pleasure' (self-published, available through my website)

'A Year with Poetry' (out of print but available second hand, or in the CLPE libary)

'I see a Voice' (out of print but available second hand)

'Did I Hear You Write?' (out of print but available second hand)

'I never know how poems start...' (Big Cat series - Collins)

'Why Write? Why Read?' (self-published, available through my website)

'The Author' (based on my PhD) (self-published, available through my website)

'Writing for Pleasure' (self-published, available through my website)

'Michael Rosen's Poetry Videos; how to get children writing and performing poems too' (with Jonny Walker) (self-published, available through my website)

'How to Make Children Laugh' (published by Quercus) 

'Alphabetical, how every letter tells a story' (published by John Murray)

(There's also a chapter on writing, directed at adult readers, in 'Getting Better' my book about overcoming (or trying to overcome) trauma and loss; published by Penguin) 

[Special note for the book 'Children's Literature in Action' edited by Richard Charlesworth, Deborah Friedland and Helen Jones. 

This is a book of many of the research projects by students (most of whom are teachers) on our MA in Children's Literature at Goldsmiths University of London, doing 'Children's Literature in Action' ie studying how children read. They set up research projects looking closely at children's responses to books.

It's available online, free of charge here:

https://cpb-eu-w2.wpmucdn.com/sites.gold.ac.uk/dist/a/99/files/2022/09/Childrens-Literature-in-Action-E-Book.pdf  ]


Most of these books are available here:

https://www.michaelrosen.co.uk/books/